If you have been redirected to this privacy notice from one of our brand-specific websites, please be aware that this is due to the fact, that the brand is owned by Brand institute , which is why this privacy notice is applicable.
- DATA CONTROLLER
- Brand institute ApS is responsible for the processing of your personal data:
Brand institute ApS
Aaboulevarden 52, 3.
8000 Aarhus C
- If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]
- All such communications are examined. Please allow us a maximum of 14 days to process your request.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Completion of your order
For us to examine and complete your order, we will need some information from you. Therefore, when you make a purchase, you will have to inform your name, your address, your e-mail, your phone number and your chosen method of payment. Furthermore, you will naturally have to inform what products you wish to purchase. We use this information to proceed your order, hereinunder to send it to you.
- Customer service
When you contact our customer service via e-mail, chat or phone etc. we register the personal information you give us. Our customer service has access to all information regarding your order, so we can help you in the best possible way if you have questions regarding your order, or if you want to return a product. Our customer service will also have access to former correspondence with you, as this can help them towards giving you a better service.
- Improvement of your user experience
- Marketing & improvement of the website
To be able to present to you the very best tips, relevant news and marketing based on your interests, we and our partners use personal data to personalize recommendations and promotions at our websites. We do this to present relevant marketing to you on other websites and social medias; hereinunder but not limited to Facebook and Instagram. For this purpose, we use information of your use of our websites and services; hereinunder your order history, former correspondence and profile information.
We use “Google Analytics” to improve the experience of the website.
- Regulatory requirements
We keep your personal data to comply with different regulatory requirements, e.g. legislation regarding accounting.
- LEGAL GROUNDS FOR THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Contractual basis cf. Article 6.1.b in the General Data Protection Regulation
- Completion of your order
- Legitimate interests cf. Article 6.1.f in the General Data Protection Regulation
- Customer service
- Improvement of the user experience
- Consent, cf. Article 6.1.a in the General Data Protection Regulation
- Newsletter/customer club
- My account
- Marketing based on cookies
- Legal obligations, cf. article 6.1.c in the General Data Protection Regulation
- Regulatory requirements
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- For us to be able to offer you our different services, it is necessary to share your personal information with our partners. All our partners are bound to treat your data with a sufficient level of protection. Some of our partners are independent “data controllers” while others are “data processors”.
Because of this, we share your information with the following categories of partners:
- Group affiliated companies
- Different payment systems
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
- Some of our partners process your data outside EU. In these situations, we always make sure, that your personal information is secured a sufficient level of protection:
- Google, USA (the transfer of data is secured via SCC contracts)
- Facebook, USA (the transfer of data is secured via SCC contracts)
- FOR HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
- We only store your data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal requirements, e.g. legislation of accounting in the countries in which we operate. When this is no longer the case, the information is deleted.
You can also ask us to delete personal information, that we have recorded about you. We will respond to your request within 14 days, unless we are legally required to keep the information or if the information is relevant in an upcoming or pending case/dispute.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- Subject to the conditions set out in the personal data protection act, you are entitled to enjoy the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to restriction of processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object against the processing of your personal data
Please note, that the rights are not absolute as they should be balanced against legal obligations and Brand institute ’s legitimate interests.
Furthermore, you have the right to fila a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, which in the case for Brand institute is “The Danish Data Protection Agency”. More information can be found here: www.datatilsynet.dk
Please contact [email protected] if you want to use your rights.
- RIVISION OF OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
- We keep our privacy notice under regular review and the notice may be subject to changes from time to time. The date of the latest revision of the privacy notice can be found on the bottom of this page. Any new modified or amended privacy notice will apply as per the revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
Revision date: 04.08.2020
What are cookies?
There are basically four types of cookies, “technical cookies”, “statistic cookies”, “personalized cookies” and “marketing cookies”. Technical cookies secure the functionality of the website and does not collect information about your digital foodprints, which is why we do not need your consent. Statistic, personalized and marketing cookies, on the other hand, does collect information about your digital foodprints, which is why we need your consent before setting them on your device.
Cookies can be used by Brand institute and third parties.
You can find more information on: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
A detailed description is to be found in the cookie overview.
How to avoid and delete cookies?
If you do not want Brand institute to place or read cookies on your device, you have the possibility of withdrawing or changing your consent by rejecting cookies in the “cookie overview” below. You may also block cookies in your web browser. How to block cookies depends on what kind of browser you are using. Please remember, that you will have to withdraw, change or block cookies in all of the browsers you have used.
What cookies does Brand institute use and for what purposes?
Processing of personal information
Below you can see what cookies our Website uses and for what purpose